pring is upon us and whether you actually get a literal Spring Break or not, you can catch a few shows here and there to give you sensation of a break. We have found the best sites to search for and purchase tickets to this month’s list of shows all in one place- so you don’t have to troll the venues pages.
- The first resource we came across- that we found the most helpful is Eventful. This site allows you to search by dates, venues around South and North Carolina, and by recommended shows. You can also look around at other entertainment in and around your area, and buy tickets with one click.
- Bands In Town is another great source to dig through musical events but this one gives you the ability to sort through your genre preference instead.
- Need a stress reducing Opry night- check out Concert Calendar USA
- Our last but certainly not least option is Charleston CVB- which gives you way more than just a list of shows- it helps you with hotels and lodging, dining & nightlife, and other things to do in between shows. We found this site the easiest to navigate through and gave us insight into upcoming shows we had no idea Charleston had planned for us like…
- POWER OF LOVE- It’s Moonlighting meets Parks and Recreation in this charming NEW comedy, with music from the 80’s to Motown!
- SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE- It’s an 80’s musical-comedy from the creators of the 2016 sellout ADDICTED TO LOVE.
- THE SOUND OF CHARLESTON- The shows feature the music of Charleston’s history, from gospel to Gershwin, including spirituals, Civil War campsongs, Gullah, jazz, Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue” and “Porgy and Bess”, composed locally on Folly Beach, and light classics of the St. Cecelia Society, one of America’s foremost social and cultural organizations.
- ROMEO AND JULIET- Violinist Robyn Bollinger joins the CSO to perform Paganini’s Violin Concerto, a virtuosic masterpiece that is widely considered the most technically difficult of all violin concertos.
- PUDDLES PITY PARTY (if you enjoy clowns)- The ‘Sad Clown with the Golden Voice’ is here with his heartfelt anthems and a suitcase full of Kleenex!
- MASQUERADE- World-renowned husband and wife vocalists Dimitri Pittas and Leah Edwards bring the very best of opera and Broadway to their hometown stage.
We can stay here all day listing these shows because they are INCREDIBLE! And of course- let’s drop a line for our boy Joe Bonamassa’s show on March 4th! We can’t wait to watch him and hope to see all of you there!